Physical activity is very important for maintaining good health. It is also useful in certain diseases, including prostatitis. It has been proven that exercise in prostatitis has a positive effect on men's well-being and can reduce their need for medication. And this is not surprising, because even a set of general strengthening exercises (especially with prostatitis) can significantly strengthen the immune system, improve blood circulation and contribute to the rapid restoration of glandular tissue.
What is a useful exercise therapy for inflammation of the prostate?
With regular exercise in prostatitis, you can achieve noticeable improvements in many indicators. This effect of exercise therapy is due to the fact that a specially selected complex is directed against congestion, which in men is highly likely to provoke inflammatory processes in the organs located in the pelvic floor. If it is too late to take measures to prevent pathological changes, there are exercises to treat prostatitis, which include breathing exercises and a complex of well-developed physical exercises on the deep muscles of the pelvis, legs and abdomen. This scheme is really healing because it acts on the symptoms and copes well with the causes of inflammation.
Physical exercises from prostatitis allow you to get rid of the following symptoms of the disease:
- the patient is not worried about urinary retention - an active load on the deep pelvic muscles activates blood flow and lymph flow, which leads to a decrease in gland swelling;
- due to the outflow of free fluid and toxins from the tissues of the gland, pain and discomfort during ejaculation decrease;
- Due to the influx of nutrients and oxygen into the gland, its function normalizes, which leads to the restoration of hormonal balance and affects the general well-being of men - irritability disappears, sleep normalizes, sexual desire is restored.
In addition, increased lymph flow starts the process of natural protection of the prostate - therapeutic exercises strengthen immunity, promote faster elimination of pathogenic microflora (if any) and reduce the severity of inflammation. In addition, a set of exercises inevitably affects the man's body as a whole, as they strengthen the immune system, make breathing deeper and fight blood congestion.
According to the scheme approved by urologists, physical exercises for prostatitis should perform the following tasks:
- stimulating - the exercise therapy complex improves blood circulation and metabolic processes, which provoke an increase in the activity of phagocytes in the prostate area;
- therapeutic - exercises cause the regeneration of damaged tissues due to a greater influx of nutrients into the glandular area;
- Recovery - the complex of exercise therapy leads to the normalization of the functions of the man's glandular-muscular organ, the creation of a secret and its release;
- protective - as a result of exercises against prostatitis, local immunity is formed, which inhibits the growth and reproduction of pathogenic flora.
In order for all these goals to be achieved, the performance of any exercise from prostatitis must be carried out in accordance with certain standards. First, physical education should not be used in prostatitis in the acute stage, which is manifested by the appearance of pain and acute urinary retention. Secondly, remedial gymnastics should be stopped immediately if noticeable discomfort appears during its conduct. Thirdly, exercises from prostatitis should be given enough time - at least 30 minutes a day. Fourth, for a stable improvement in the condition of men, exercises against prostatitis should be given time every day, not allowing even a day's breaks.
Types of exercises for prostatitis
When performing exercises from prostatitis, the following gradation, formed according to the principle of the complexity of their implementation, can be used:
- Simple - a complex for men according to Kegel. The backbone of such complexes is exercises for prostatitis based on latent (hidden, invisible to others) performance - squeezing and relaxing the anus.
- Medium difficulty - exercises that can be performed lying down or sitting (relevant for overweight men with a weak physical base). Such exercises for prostatitis include "scissors", "bicycle", leg swings, rolls on an exercise ball, hip rotation.
- Difficult - a complex that includes exercises, the performance of which requires maintaining balance, including many muscle groups in work. Exercises for prostatitis from this section include inclines in a half-squatting state, exercises "Pendulum", "Bar" associated with breathing exercises, and others.
All of the listed groups should be included in the daily complex, and only in this case will the concept of "therapeutic" fully justify itself.
The essence of this is that in order to eliminate inflammation in the prostate, it is necessary to strengthen not only the pelvic floor (its muscular component), but also the back, abdomen and hips. An important point is the normalization of the circulatory system and heart, which is also achieved with regular exercise in prostatitis.
What exercises should be done daily
To eliminate inflammation, normalize blood and lymphatic flow and improve prostate function, it is recommended to do the following list of exercises for prostatitis daily:
- Contractions of the anus according to Kegel - in different positions (sitting, standing, lying) 50-100 times in one approach, 2-3 approaches per day;
- half squats with knees apart - 5-7 squats per set, at least two sets per day;
- From a standing position (legs brought together), bring your knees to your chest with a delay of 5 seconds - at least 6 repetitions, two sets per day;
- Get up from a half-squatting position with the body slightly bent forward, at this time spread both arms and one leg to the side - 3-5 repetitions for each leg, two sets per day;
- From the supine position with legs together, raise the pelvis and hold the breath at the peak of the back arch for 5 seconds - 5-7 repetitions, 2 sets per day;
- From a prone position with hands behind head, closed legs are raised and then spread and held for a minute, then lowered and breathing evenly - 2 repetitions, up to 3 sets per day.
In general, this complex is enough to normalize the condition of the prostate. It is important to remember that if pain occurs, you must stop training for several days and then try to repeat it again.